Events.com helps event organizers to browse, create, and promote local events with event software management and ticketing solutions. The startup, founded in 2008 and located in La Jolla, CA, offers on-site checking, on-site sales, promotion tools, virtual events, and sponsorships. Events.com is a fast-paced tech company disrupting the events industry.
Bike for humanity: Raising money for COVID-19 victims together with NBA basketball legend Bill Walton.
In early April, I received an unexpected call from Events.com to invite us to collaborate with their partner and former NBA star Bill Walton in Bike For Humanity.
Bike for humanity is a virtual and non-profit bike ride event to raise money for those affected by the COVID-19.
In Bill Walton's words, the purpose of Bike for humanity was to promote health, community, service, and hope.
Our task was to launch an engaging fully-responsive multi-page website within five days to promote Bike for humanity's mission in compliance with the CDC's guidelines.
We were thrilled to receive such an opportunity, but there was a tiny problem. There was no brief, no content, and no time.
Still, I was aware that this project was beyond business. It had a purpose, and above all, hope.
As soon as we finished our call, I started working non-stop to meet our customer's deadline.
The main challenge was to clarify a message that can encourage American families to:
- Take a virtual ride in their neighborhood in the middle of the pandemic, and
- Donate to help others during one of the biggest layoffs in American history.
Despite several revisions and improvements, we could deliver the following product before the official release.
- bikeforhumanity.com received over 12K visits in 20 days.
- Over 1500 participants ride and donated for Bike for humanity.
- Over 500 organizations and media outlets across the country shared Bike For Humanity's mission and website.
- We helped our customer raise 100K USD within 30 days. All net proceeds went to Champions for Health, Father Joe's Villages, Feeding America, Feeding San Diego, and Get Us PPE.
- We sponsored the event together with big brands like Shimano, Morgan Stanley, Bell, Columbia, and more.